Medium-sized research center which main purpose is to gain, interpret and integrate the knowledge of the Earth System.
Laboratory of Paleobiology and Paleoecology
The aim of the Laboratory of Paleobiology and Paleoecology is to gather information on geological past of the Earth with special reference to paleoecology and the dynamics of the origin, development and deterioration of biological communities. Paleobiological applications – evolution science and biostratigraphy are also studied.
- RNDr. Tomáš Přikryl, Ph.D.
head of departmentscientist
- RNDr. Ladislav Slavík, CSc.
deputy head of the laboratoryscientist
- RNDr. Marcela Svobodová, CSc.
- Mgr. Jan Wagner, Ph.D.
- Hi-res correlation and dating of Mid-Palaeozoic sedimentary sequences of Peri-Gondwana using integrated biostratigraphy and chemo-physical methods , AVČR , Ladislav Slavík
- High-resolution oristic changes as a response to climatic dynamics during the Late Palaeozoic ice age recorded in the basins of the Bohemian Massif , GACR , Jiří Bek
- Dynamics of the Upper Ordovician climax-stage faunal assemblages before global crisis controlled by climatic changes: a record from the Králův Dvůr Formation of the Barrandian area , GA AV , Petr Storch
- Feeding strategies in Cambrian to Middle Ordovician of the Teplá-Barrandian region , GACR , Radek Mikuláš
- Integrated late Silurian (Ludlow-Přídolí) stratigraphy of the Prague Synform , GACR , Ladislav Slavík
- Small mammals at time of the middle Pliocene faunal turnover: aspects of faunal and phenotypic rearrangements in Central Europe , GACR , Jan Wagner
- The Silurian Sedgwickii Event: Carbon isotope excursion, graptolite mass extinction, sedimentary rekord , GACR , Petr Storch