Medium-sized research center which main purpose is to gain, interpret and integrate the knowledge of the Earth System.
Laboratory of Environmental Geology and Geochemistry
The Laboratory of Environmental Geology and Geochemistry flexibly conforms to the needs of study of natural changes of the Earth system, especially the understanding of climatic oscillations and paleoenvironmental changes in the youngest geological history, and influence of the human impacts on the environment. The interest in these problems has been constantly increasing in global scale in the last years. Multi-disciplinary orientation of the staff, necessary for the solution of environmental problems, is comparable to those of foreign teams. Research activities of the staff of the laboratory cover such scientific fields as mineralogy, geochemistry, sedimentology, pedology, climatology, geomorphology, ecology, etc.
Significant activities of the laboratory have been focused on the biogeodynamics of chemical elements in the environment. Changes and long-term trends in element budgets caused by human activities and climatic oscillations have been monitored in experimental areas for the last 15 years. Methods of quantitative and qualitative field studies of environmental compartments has been complemented with laboratory experiments. The main focus of the research has been determination of the human activities impact on landscape and explanation of long-term trends in chemical load caused by insensitive approach to the environment in the past.”
head of the laboratoryscientist
- RNDr. Tomáš Navrátil, PhD.
deputy head of the laboratoryscientist
- Ing. Irena Dobešová
- Mgr. Jana Buchtová
- RNDr. Jaroslav Hlaváč, PhD.
- The fate of legacy mercury in forest ecosystems in the area of the Black Triangle, Czech Republic , GACR , Tomáš Navrátil
- Cryogenic cave carbonates: Mechanisms of formation and relationship to permafrost depth , GACR , Karel Žák
- Nanocrystalline heterogeneous photovoltaic solar cells , GACR , Jan Rohovec
- Reconstruction of historical change in mercury deposition recorded in tree rings and tree bark pockets , GACR , Maria Hojdová
- Soluble and insoluble fraction of inorganic pollutants in various types of precipitation, their quantification and input into the ecosystems , GACR , Jan Rohovec
- Impact of soil structure on character of water flow and solute transport in soil environment , GACR , Anna Žigová
- Recclamation and management of the anthropogenic biotopes in Czech Republic , MZP , Václav Cílek